Contact: aalonso at cab.inta-csic.es
- AGN (Seyferts, quasars)
- Star Forming Galaxies both in the local and distant Universe.
- Stellar populations in galaxies.
- Luminous and Ultraluminous Infrared Galaxies.
- The dusty torus of the AGN Unified Model.
Photo courtesy of Rob Ivison.
- Resolving the nuclear obscuring disk in the Compthon-thick Seyfert galaxy NGC5643 with ALMA, A. Alonso-Herrero, M. Pereira-Santaella, S. García-Burillo et al., 2018ApJ…859..144A
- A dust-enshrouded tidal disruption event with a resolved radio jet in a galaxy merger, S. Mattila, M. Pérez-Torres et al., 2018arXiv180605717M
Credit: Sophia Dagnello, NRAO/AUI/NSF; NASA, STScI
- GATOS (Galaxy Activity, Torus and Outflow Survey): An infrared/submillimeter survey of a complete X-ray selected sample of nearby Seyfert galaxies. More information here: http://gatos.strw.leidenuniv.nl/
- Los Piratas: A mid-infrared survey of AGNs using CanariCam on the GTC. Observations include 100 hours of guaranteed time (Coordinator C. Packham) and 180 hours of an ESO/GTC large program (PI A. Alonso Herrero). https://sites.google.com/site/piratasrelatedpublications/ The paper with the published spectroscopic catalog -the largest AGN mid-IR spectroscopic survey conducted on a 10m telescope- of the ESO/GTC large program can be found here Alonso-Herrero et al. 2016, MNRAS, 455, 563.
- SHARDS: A medium-band optical survey of galaxies and AGN at intermediate redshifts using OSIRIS on the GTC http://guaix.fis.ucm.es/~pgperez/SHARDS/
- ARCHES: A European FP7 project to provide a multi-wavelength view of X-ray sources from the 3XMM catalog http://www.arches-fp7.eu
Favorite Clumpy Torus Models:
- CLUMPY developed by M. Nenkova and collaborators
- CAT3D developed by Sebastian Hönig and collaborators
Science groups of Infrared Instruments:
Last updated: January 2019