JWST Cycle 1 Proposal Preparation Workshop
March 16-17 2020, Torrejón de Ardoz, Madrid (Spain)
The launch of the James Web Space Telescope (JWST) is currently scheduled for March 2021. The Call for Proposals for Cycle 1 General Observer (GO1) programs will be issued on January 23, 2020, with deadline on May 1, 2020.
In preparation for this event, the Centro de Astrobiologia (CSIC-INTA) is organizing a workshop for the Spanish astronomical community to provide 1) an overview of the JWST capabilities and instrumentation (NIRSpec, MIRI, NIRCAM and NIRISS) and 2) a hands-on experience with the tools supporting the preparation and submission of JWST GO1 proposals, such as the Exposure Time Calculator (ETC) and the Astronomer’s Proposal Tool (APT).
The workshop will take place at Centro de Astrobiología (here) in Torrejón de Ardoz, Madrid, Spain, on March 16 and 17, 2020. Participation is open to anybody interested in the preparation of open time proposals with JWST. There is no registration fee, however, registration for the workshop is required in order to organize the logistics (fill the Registration form, indicating whether you are interested in participating in a splinter session ). The number of participants is limited to 40 (first come, first served basis). There will be a similar workshop at the IAC headquarters in La Laguna, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain, on March 12 and 13 2020 (more details at their website here).
The workshop is supported by the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC) under the projects ILINK-1151, AYA2016-81879-REDT and ESP2017-83197 (Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades).
- 17th January 2020: First announcement
- 20th February 2020: Registration deadline
- Registration remains open until the maximum occupancy is reached (40 participants)
- 16th March 2020: Workshop starts at 14:00 / Morning is available for groups of interest
- 17th March 2020: Workshop ends by 17:00
- Almudena Alonso Herrero, CAB
- Santiago Arribas Mocoroa, CAB, (co-chair)
- Cristina Catalán Torrecilla, CAB
- Luis Colina Robledo, CAB, (co-chair)
- Álvaro Labiano Ortega, CAB
- Rui Marques-Chaves, CAB
- Javier Álvarez-Márquez, CAB
- Michelle Perna, CAB
- Pablo Pérez González, CAB
- David Barrado Navascués, CAB
- Bruno Rodríguez del Pino, CAB, (CAB LOC chair)
- Macarena García Marín, ESA, co-chair
- Eva Bejarano Padrón, IAC
- Julia de León Cruz, IAC
- Emma Esparza Borges, ULL
- Stefan Geier, GRANTECAN
- Camilo Jiménez Ángel, IAC
- Ismael Pérez Fournon, IAC, (co-chair)
- Jorge A. Pérez Prieto, IAC
- Frederick Poidevin, IAC
- Raphael Shirley, IAC, (co-chair and IAC LOC chair)