The Raman Laser Spectrometer (RLS) is one of the Pasteur Payload instruments onboard ExoMars 2018.
The RLS Instrument will perform Raman spectroscopy on crushed powdered samples inside the Rover’s ALD (Analytical Laboratory Drawer).
The Science – RLS Objetives
- identify organic compound and search for life
- identify the mineral products and indicators of biologic activities
- characterize mineral phases produced by water-related processes
- characterize igneous minerals and their alteration products
- characterise water/geochemical environment as a function of depth in the shallow subsurface